Whatever your needs – end-to-end commercialization or discrete services – we bring the same rigor you use in R&D clinical development, to the commercialization process for Canada.
Market & Commercial Analysis
Know your opportunity with a comprehensive review of the current market. Understand stakeholder needs. Use competitive insights to identify brand attributes that will ensure successful brand positioning and strategy.
Our process begins with a thorough examination of your business landscape. Like you, we understand the interconnected nature of the healthcare industry. Succeeding in this space requires an ability to filter complex information from various sources to arrive at salient conclusions. Our proven ability to find clarity through the complexity of the market allows us to present relevant insights about target demographics, key stakeholders, regulatory concerns, and more.
Whether launching a new product, or repositioning an established one, a comprehensive understanding of your unique market helps us work with you to identify your key issues and get everyone on the same page before making any strategic decisions.
Examples of Market and Commercial Analysis Offerings:
- Stakeholder analysis
- Financial forecasting
- Environmental scan
- Business case development
- Primary market research
- Secondary market data analysis
This is where the strategic work begins. Our process of strategic development has consistently helped guide brand teams through a structured, but collaborative decision-making framework, grounded in the insights gained from the earlier Insights & Analysis phase.
Using a variety of discussion generating exercises and digital tools, our workshops take cross-functional teams through the building of a detailed SWOT; assessing the major challenges on the horizon; and developing the strategies and tactics to position the brand for both short and long-term success. We take care of all aspects of workshop development, execution, and delivery of final outputs, to minimize impact on your team’s day-to-day work and focus them entirely on valuable discussion.
We recognize that every business will have unique challenges, so our process is modular and can be adapted to align more closely with your needs. To tie it all together, final outputs can be consolidated and managed long-term with our proprietary app SPIDER to keep the group on track after the planning workshops have been completed.
In this final phase of our process we help you communicate your brand strategy and implementation plan. The full list of strategies and tactics is pared down and prioritized, and the details are fleshed out so it remains clear and logical long after the workshops are over. Finally, budgets and accountabilities are assigned, with the specific goals of each tactic clearly defined.
With this level of detail, teams can then use SPIDER, our proprietary online plan execution tool, to monitor real-time progress, track milestones, and make ongoing adjustments. SPIDER (Strategic Planning Dashboard and Reporting) allows cross-functional team members to view, update and report on all planned tactics, including current financial and activity data, that align to your strategic plan
Market Access Strategy & Pricing
Creating a clear pathway for reimbursement and pricing, coupled with innovative strategies to navigate this path, enables you to get a clear picture of the market access potential for your product.
Market Access Strategy & Pricing
There are four dimensions to a comprehensive market access and pricing package:
- Strategic market access and pricing plans
- Planning and facilitating payer advisory boards
- Pre-submission meetings with payers and the pan Canadian Pricing Alliance (pCPA) office
- In-depth landscape reviews
- Stakeholder and policy mapping
- pCPA contingency planning
- Business development and return on investment assessments
- Creating all components of reimbursement and pricing submission types – Common Drug Review (CDR), pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR), Quebec’s Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux (INESSS), private insurers, hospitals, and the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board Regulations (PMPRB) – including:
– Clinical summaries
– Budget impact analyses
– Health economic evaluations
– Province specific requirements
- White paper and medical writing
- Project management ensuring strict adherence to timelines
- Ensuring seamless navigation through the reimbursement process from pre-submission notifications right through to responding to the recommendations
- Freeing you up to focus on other considerations in your business
- Responding to clinical and economic reports that increase the likelihood of successful outcomes
- pCPA Product Listing Agreement (PLA) negotiations
- Implementation of Letter of Intent (LOI) and provincial listing agreements
- Private payer PLA negotiations
- Regulatory strategy to optimize timing
- Excellent reputation with Health Canada
- Identify and address potential issues to avoid delays
- Effective negotiation skills to optimize label
- Post-licensure commitment management
Stakeholder Relations & Advocacy
We’ll help you cultivate alliances with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, patients and their caregivers through a suite of sharable, easy-to-use advocacy tools.
Why is advocacy important?
The ability to advocate effectively has become increasingly important in today’s social and political climate. Advocacy gives a voice to the voiceless and helps ensure they are heard. It drives recognition of a cause or policy and is a fact-driven pursuit designed to raise awareness, educate listeners and affect change – critical to the success of any advocacy campaign.
We look at all the elements of the advocacy ecosystem and bring them together into one integrated approach to ensure maximum impact and effectiveness based on our clients’ needs. Our expertise in law, government, stakeholder and public relations shapes the advocacy teaching, training, tools and services we deliver, including:
- Advocacy needs assessment
- Advocacy teaching, training and development
- Creation and implementation of integrated advocacy and communications strategies
- Burden of Illness studies to establish unmet need
- Traditional and digital/social media relations
- Stakeholder mapping
- Stakeholder relationship building and engagement
- Advocacy engagement toolkit
- Virtual and in-person advocacy events
- Be Heard™ e-Advocacy Platform
Our Be Heard™ e-Advocacy solution integrates digital, mobile and social media platforms to power your campaigns. You can quickly and easily share your message online and appeal to a wide range of advocates – from traditionalists willing to email or meet with elected officials to dabblers happy to digitally connect with decision-makers using pre-populated tweets. Or engage social media and digital natives willing to actively engage their own social networks and communities in the campaign.
Medical and Patient Program Support
Our medical experts will develop and implement a comprehensive KOL/medical plan to engage all areas of the medical community pre and post launch.
- Identification of KOLs in your therapeutic area
- Creation of a KOL development plan, and implementation of KOL engagement activities (e.g. consultations, advisory boards and stakeholder engagement efforts)
- Ready the medical community pre-launch and at launch
- Provide management plan and oversight of pharmacovigilance and medical information
Corporate Set-up and Staff Management
Our interim general management gives you the experienced team support that’s so vital, including:
- Local, on-the-ground leadership that is available right away
- Support for corporate legal, admin, corporate brand, compliance, finance issues
- Coordination of functional areas
- Reporting and seamless communication
- Coaching for permanent GM appointments (if applicable)
3PL & Supply Chain
We provide the infrastructure and logistical support including a Drug Establishment License to optimize the supply chain and ensure timely product delivery.
- Determine the best supply chain and trade management strategy
- 3PL services providing a seamless pick, pack and shipping process, with extensive reach and broad capabilities including standard and specialty pharmacy distribution networks across Canada
- 3PLs solutions allow for:
- Accelerated market entry by leveraging an existing Drug Establishment License (DEL)
- Lower transactional costs, and
- Lower risk throughout the supply chain
Launch Planning & Commercial Support
Serve as commercial partner promoting the brand under client’s banner.
- Ongoing commercialization (Product Management services)
- Medical Affairs, Patient and Field Services via local partners
- Continue to service established affiliates with core services through lifecycle